Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Electrify


   I'm forever on the hunt for the perfect light pink lip colour and while at Sephora a few months ago this caught my eye.  It was pretty pricey for a lipgloss but seeing has Sephora has the best return policy ever I figured I could just return it if I wasn't in love with it.  Illamasqua recently repackaged their lipglosses and since I liked the older version I had tried (which came in a squeeze tube) I thought I'd pick one out.  As I like to wear makeup everyday lipgloss is an easy option for days where I can't get away with a red lip as they're easy and fuss free to apply.

  Electrify is a sheer light pink with silver shimmer throughout it.  Even though the colour of Electrify is sheer it is pigmented enough to lighten my naturally dark lips.  The sheerness of the colour makes it more wearable than a full on opaque light pink.  I tend to prefer my lipglosses to have shimmer in them (the opposite goes for lipstick) but if that's not your cup of tea Illamasqua also has lipglosses that are shimmer free.

  Formula wise Illamasqua lipgloss is quite thick and sticky.  It borders on uncomfortable to wear as if you have long hair it's just asking to get stuck onto your glossy lips if you go out in the wind.  This lipgloss is however moisturising and the sticky-ness makes it long wearing so there's some good points about it too.  It is overall a nice lipgloss that I'd recommend but I think I'd like to try something different when it runs out.
Availability: Sephora $27 CAD

26 comments:

  1. Eeek, for illamasqua's price, you'd the formula would be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in love! The swatch you did was amazing so pretty and girly. I want!
    http://creativegesturebeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look so thick, but I do love the colour, espically with thats shimmer in it. I prefer lighter glosses though that I can't feel I am wearing!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love all things pink, but when it comes to sticky gloss, nothing more annoying then your hair getting caught in it..as always you look fab but from a practical point of view, think I'll be staying away from this, shame..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo nice! I think I'd really like it and it looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack...thick and sticky is a deal breaker for me. That is a tad unfortunate seeing its so pricey. Well at least it looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and definitely a color that I would gravitate towards... MAC does one called Bountiful Plushglass that looks like a dupe for this. It's sticky too though :(

    You look beautiful btw!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. this color is gorgeous and is a great natural & flattering color! I love illamasqua cheek products but haven't tried any of the lip products!

    sundays grace beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. the color is very pretty

    http://wind-atree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've yet to try many products from Illamasqua but the ones I have tried are great! This colour looks so pretty.

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a pretty shade on you Christine! You always pull off light pinks so well! I don't usually mind sticky lipglosses as long as they don't dry out my lips so this might be one to try! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a pretty colour on you! I really like pink shades that aren't too opaque but I'm not a fan of sticky glosses especially since I live in such a windy country :) Great review! x

    andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks very pretty on you. I am very fussy with lipgloss so I only use the Lipglass fom Mac.

    Amina || Blog ||Oh Just One More||

    ReplyDelete
  14. bleh that's the worst feeling ever... hair on lips :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. This color is really pretty! Perfect summer color!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Illamasqua will be my next high-end blush that I want to try. Your Tarte recommendation for blush turned out great last time! I just posted my Seven Deadly Sins tag, and I tag you to do it too! http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/2013/07/seven-deadly-sins-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely light pink! I've been tempted to try out some Illamasqua glosses- sounds like the formula isn't perfect but the shades are so unique!

    And I don't know if you're still interested, but Sephora has the Illamasqua Speckled polishes in-stock again. Remembered you were looking for them a while ago! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate lipglosses because they all stick my hair to my lips :( its too bad this one is like that as well... I actually got a guerlain? lipgloss given to me as a gift and I dont find it too sticky. I think this looks nice on you! It doesnt look too sheer

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colour is amazing I like lipglosses to have some shimmer to its the only reason i would buy them because i don't usually get lipsticks with shimmer! But I hate that overly sticky feeling! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't like lip glosses, but this is a really pretty color. I found you through Ayla's blog - loved your interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a gorgeous shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty pink! I have to agree, shimmer in gloss is always more acceptable to me too ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. this looks so pretty on you! I don't mind sticky glosses because like you said it makes it wear a bit longer which is nice! :)

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the shade, very natural looking but super pretty :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really adore your web blog! To improve one’s mood, check out this organic facial moisturizer! It boosts your appearance drastically.

    ReplyDelete
  26. An excellent posting that discloses several real thoughts. In order to stay cool and trendy I prefer using best smudgeproof mascara . Gives a lot of style to girls.

    ReplyDelete