Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Estee Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipsticks

  I received this sample from Sephora and thought it was so cute and generous.  I have never tried Estee Lauder products before and thought this was give me a chance to test them out and see whether they are worth the high price tag.  I received the shades Magnetic Magenta, Fireball, and Violet Electra.

Magentic Magenta:  I had such high hopes for this shade but I have to say it's my least favourite out of the bunch!  The formula of these are very creamy and somewhat sheer which don't work with a dark shade.  I think this colour looks super dated due to the frosty finish and could be so much better if it were a cream.
Fireball:  This orangey coral shade is my favourite.  It's a very unique and pretty colour and just light enough that the creamy finish works in it's favour.
Violet Frenzy:  This isn't violet at all, to me this is a deep bright pink.  Violet Frenzy is pretty just not unique enough to justify the price.

Would I purchase these?  No.  There are much more unique lip colours out there for a fraction of the price.  These don't feel particualry luxurious either.

Availability: The Bay $32

14 comments:

  1. Ouch quite expensive! They do look nice on you though, but I know what you mean about there being more exciting colours out there! I always over look Estee Lauder. I associate them more for a more 'mature' audience.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look lovely but I especially like the look of Violet Frenzy. I've never owned an Estée Lauder lipstick but have been eyeing up one called Pink Sand, it's so nice ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely good you got to try it out before purchasing one! I'm glad you posted this! i like fireball on you the best!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like magentic magenta on you! But Fireball is really lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice sample! The colors look gorgeous. I really like Fireball too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Sephora's in the US don't carry Estee Lauder. It would be nice if they did though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fireball looks lovely. I think Ester Lauder is trying to gain a younger crowd and I like the new liquid blush and some of the limited edition stuff they come out with. We have Clinique at some Ulta's so I wouldn't be surprised if Estee came to Sephora to gain more market. Plus Double Wear is the #1 selling foundation in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a generous freebie- nice! Love the pigmentation and finish of these. All three are quite pretty. But I think Fireball is my favourite of the three as well- I'm such a sucker for orange-toned reds :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the coral-ish one! I've never seen lipstick samples like that :0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a shame the first one was a disappointing formula - the colour looks gorgeous on you!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any colours look amazing on you, you have the perfect lip shape, I'm so jel!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. ALL of them look good on you, even the magnetic magenta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course all of these colors look beautiful on you, but I agree with you that "Fireball" is the best one. :) I think I saw the display of these lipsticks and didn't like most of them because they had a "dated" shimmery look.

    http://strawberryheartschocolatedarts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think they all look beautiful on you. I'd probably only get one of these if there was a unique colour, and at GWP time.

    ReplyDelete