Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner


  I'm a huge fan of Rimmel's Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner so when I saw that they had released another eyeliner I picked it up right away.  The main difference between Glam Eyes and Exaggerate Eyeliner is that Glam Eyes has a fine brush whereas Exaggerate has a felt tip applicator.  I have been wearing liquid eyeliner for years and am pretty good at it but admittedly some mornings the small little brush of the Glam Eyes eyeliner can be quite a struggle to use.  I generally find felt tip applicators easier to use which is what attracted me to the new Exaggerate Eyeliner.

  Formula wise, Exaggerate is identical to Glam Eyes.  Both eyeliners are super black, glossy, and very liquidy.  This eyeliner takes a while to dry so I have to wait around 10 minutes before applying mascara.  Rimmel's eyeliners last around 6 hours on me and then they start to fade and I have to re-apply them.  I've never found an eyeliner that lasts all day so that isn't a huge issue for me.

  I find the felt tip applicator of Exaggerate really hard to use as it's simply too wide and not fine enough.  In order to get the eyeliner look above I had to thin out the wing with a Q-Tip dipped in eye makeup remover.  I've actually been using an old Glam Eyes brush to apply the Exaggerate eyeliner as I just can't deal with the amount of cleaning up the felt tip requires.  I will use this eyeliner up but I won't be repurchasing it nor would I really recommend it.

Availability: Shoppers Drugmart, Pharam Plus, Wal-Mart, etc.

33 comments:

  1. This is so pigmented and black. I usually prefer felt tip over brush applicator but it really depends on the shape of the felt tip too. I wished this one was thinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great formula it's a shame it doesn't have a thinner tip. I love long and thin felt tips like the on on the L'Oreal liquid liner.

      Delete
  2. You do the most lovely wings! This eyeliner looks very pigmented and dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily :) Yeah the formula is perfect hence why I love the brush tipped one.

      Delete
  3. You're so good at doing eyeliner! I'm rubbish so I have to use pencil haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess :) I'm really awful with pencil liners lol.

      Delete
  4. Think you need to do an eyeliner tutorial for us all! ;) I quite like the Scandaleyes Gel Eyeliner but it does fade a little too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea for a post thank you :) I picked that up actually since you recommend it before and will be trying it soon.

      Delete
  5. Its a fine line between too thick and thin and wobbly. That's why I stick to gel, because of the brush! I found a brush that works for me and that's the only reason I can even do a winged eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love gel but I find I get so lazy with the brush washing lol.

      Delete
  6. You have such gorgeous lower lashes! JEALOUSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your eyeliner application is perff!! thanks for the great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it was very messy to begin with trust me lol.

      Delete
  8. From the applicator tip I thought this would be a great product but from the sounds of things it's not that great and involves a lot of clean up, not great for us beauty gals on the go..I'll stick with my LUSH liner for now so :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was just a tiny bit thinner it'd be perfect :( I need to go have a look at the LUSH one, thank you :)

      Delete
  9. Love that you create a great wing with the product. I used to do well w felt tipped...but lately not so much. Need to get back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bit of practice and I'm sure you can do it again in no time :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the review! I'm a black liquid eyeliner junkie, so I'm always happy to hear about new ones. You created perfect winged liner, despite your beef with the brush being too big! My go-to is Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen- the tip is super thin. Definitely worth checking out! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all thanks to a q-tip and makeup remover lol. I tried the Revlon one and found the tip too stiff. I'm obviously very picky with liner.

      Delete
  11. WHEN WILL THEY COME UP WITH A LIQUID EYELINER THAT LAST ALL DAY?! Stila's started off good for me but now it's smudging all over. Argh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the GOSH one being super long lasting. The Stila one was the biggest waste of money for me. What a crappy eyeliner :(

      Delete
  12. Liquid eyeliner suits you so nicely!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you ever tried the MAC liquidlast eyeliner? It's a little difficult to put on, since it's oil based and takes a while to dry, but I usually get away with wearing it for two days without reapplying.
    The only other downside is you have to use baby oil to take it off, but it's so long lasting that I can deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven`t for the sole reason that it`d be hard to fix any mistakes I make. I know people who swear by it though!

      Delete
  14. I so love this liquid eyeliner! It doesn't smudge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lot of people are using cosmetic tattooing technique to elude of the daily makeup. This technique is known as a micro pigmentation. Make Up Artist Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where can I buy this in Toronto/GTA? Shoppers and Rexall have the Glam Eyes liquid liner only.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So good to know that others have problems with the new felt tip. I am also using the old GlamEyes brush to apply my eyeliner. I won't be buying the Exaggerate again!

    ReplyDelete