Thursday, March 7, 2013

Face of the Day: Subtle Smokey Eye


Eyes:
Maybelline Define A Brow in Dark Blonde
MAC Blackberry all over the lid (#6)
MAC Seedy Pearl as a highlight (#7)
MAC Fluidline Eyeliner on the top lash line
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner on the waterline
L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara

Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15
Rimmel Blush in Berry (#1)
MAC Harmony Blush as a contour (#3)
MAC Veronica's Blush as a highlight (#2)

Lips:
MAC Lipstick in Beauty (#4)
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Radiant (#5)

  I  love a traditional smokey eye but silver and black eyeshadow just doesn't suit my colouring.  Since I'm so fair I always like to inject some colour into my makeup so I like to use colours for smokey eyes.  Last weekend my mum needed help picking out new makeup at MAC and since I'm spoiled she let me pick out a few things.  I choose Blackberry and Seedy Pearl eyeshadows as they stood out the most to me.

  Blackerry is a matte shade and is super pigmented.  Despite it's name it's not very dark so it's suitable for both a lid colour and a crease colour for fair skin.  Seedy Pearl is a frost finish and is admittedly not very pigmented but it is easy to build up.  I imagine these eyeshadows would look great under a black base but alone they're perfect and subtle for everyday wear.

19 comments:

  1. Love your lip colour here, your makeup also looks so flawless and natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty here, and wow your hair is nice. I am still trying to master the smokey eye, I bought the new naked palette and had a go with it but ended up looking like I had a black eye, not ideal!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I honestly really struggle with it too hence why I didn't go all out lol.

      Delete
  3. I really need to get myself some MAC eyeshadows. You have fab eyebrows Christine!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is worth it for unique shades like this. Thanks Megan :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I'm liking the look of Blackberry a lot! Compliments your eyes perfectly :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! It's such a pretty colour :)

      Delete
  5. This is a really pretty look on you! I love your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! love using brown eye shaddow!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah :) It's actually kind of purpley!

      Delete
  7. Love this look, something I would definitely go for:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I prefer browns compared to blacks too! I feel like brown is so much more flattering and natural ... on everybody :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blackberry sounds scary but looks WONDERFUL - I like a drastic (Black) smokey eye on me now and then. But I think this might look even better, great choice of colors! And you are spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blackberry looks gorgeous! Like Trax but without the shimmer. Is that a Matte2 formulation?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colors where made for you! Stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The eyes are so gorgeous and natural

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this look, those shades of colour are my favourites for eye shadows, like you I don't really suit the very dark smokey eye so always do something similar to this. Lovely!

    Janine xx
    Bake, Glue and Trend!

    ReplyDelete