Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Smashbox Soft Lights in Shimmer


  Smashbox's line of highlighters are called "Soft Lights" and the shade "Shimmer" is one of my all time favourite highlighters.  After being disappointed by MAC's beige highlighter, Soft and Gentle I was on the market for a highlighter that was subtle and neutral enough to go with most blushes.  While in Shoppers sometime last year this highlighter caught my eye and upon swatching it I discovered it was perfect beigy-pink colour and I bought it right away.

  Soft Lights are housed in sleek black rubber packaging with a twist off lid.  Shimmer is very finley miled and easy to blend so you can easily use it all over your face to get glowy skin.  My prefered use for this product is to highlight my cheekbones and as an eyeshadow.  The colour of this product is very similar to Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Sin so it makes the perfect highlighter for the inner corners of your eyes.

  This product is very subtle on the first swipe but it can be easily built up for an intense glow.  "Shimmer" is just dark enough to suit a variety of skintones but it isn't dark enough to be used alone as a blush.  I find this goes well with every single blush in my collection from pinks, purples, corals, and peaches.  I highly recommend this highlighter and I think it's worth the admittedly steep pirce.


22 comments:

  1. That looks like such a nice, subtle highlighter! Highlighters are one thing I don't often use - and its not like I don't have some! I need to break my rut this spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're something I never saw the point in but once I tried them I couldn't get enough.

      Delete
  2. This looks very similar to the highlighter in the Sleek Contour Kit and it's gorgeous! Love it!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - this one is gorgeous. I've been using it for years and I find that they are quite under-rated in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never hear enough about Smashbox. I love all the Smashbox products I've tried.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, this is stunning! Love the beige tones to it. Would be a perfect highlighter for summertime! Thanks for the review :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet with a tan but I imagine it'd look great. Thanks Jen :)

      Delete
  5. I have serious brow envy, they look perfect! Sounds like a good versatile product and looks lovely in the photo :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Vicky, my brows drive me nuts so that's a great compliment to receive :)

      Delete
  6. Wow this is stunning!! I need a new highlighter this one is just so stunning! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so pretty. I know we are suppose to be talking about the highlighter, but i have to mention your liner! You do a very good job with your eyeliner! I wish I could do mine like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty! I don't use highlighter enough to invest in something pricey, but I do use champagne eyeshadows instead! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this highlighter! i've played around with it before and it's so lovely! very smooth looking on the skin as well!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look absolutely gorgeous! You're feeding in my high-lighter obsession!

    Thanks for the review
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks super pretty and natural, definitely need to pick one up! <3

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just have your eyebrows please Christine? They are really great! This highlighter looks good too. Very subtle.

    E x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered us with helpful info to work on. You've done a
    formidable job and our entire group will likely be thankful to you.


    Here is my blog post :: weight loss pills

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I like to write a little comment to support you.


    Also visit my blog post :: revitol anti aging cream

    ReplyDelete