Friday, April 12, 2013

MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Peachykeen

  I admittedly am always drawn to shimmery coral blushes and own quite a few!  I do think all of them are different though (that's my excuse anyways).  MAC powder blushes are always a safe bet for me.  They aren't too expensive, are non-irritating, and come in a huge selection of colours.  After my experience with MAC's Sheertone Blush in Dollymix I wanted to try another blush in that finish and Peachykeen was the one that caught my attention.

 When swatched on my arm Peachykeen looks like a reddish coral with gold shimmer throughout.  On my cheeks it leans more peach hence the name. In my opinion Peachykeen is a natural, every day blush.  Perfect for days when you don't want to get too dolled up but still want to look fresh and awake.  I think this blush is perfect for fair skin due to it's sheerness.  I would imagine on darker skintones this would appear more like a highlighter than a blush. Peachykeen is very versitile as it goes with a range of lipcolours. I can easily wear this with light pinks, reds, peaches, and oranges.  My favourite pairings with this blush are MAC's Cremesheen Glass in Pagoda and Wet N' Wild Lipstick in Purty Persimmon

  I do have to apply quite a bit of blush to achieve the look I want but that's just because I like my blush to be very obvious.  Due to the amount I pile on I find Peachykeen lasts a very long time and I've never had to touch it up.  There are admittedly more unique coral blushes out there but if you're looking for a pretty, basic, everyday blush I highly recommend this.  I have tried other peach blushes from MAC (Peaches, Pinch O' Peach, Style, and Melba) and this is my favourite out of the bunch.


36 comments:

  1. Ok thanks to you I need to go to Mac, this is such a pretty color for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this shade is gorgeous and you look a beaut!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks quite similar to Nars Orgasm in the the photo? You look lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! amazing colour and really suits you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've been wanting Peachy Keen for a long time but I have so many peach/coral blushes that I figured I should hold off until I use up the ones I already have :P

    Elle
    Lipstick & Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I try to tell myself they're all super different!

      Delete
  6. This blush is gorgeous! Especially on you! I really want to try mac products, but I have never been to/lived remotely near a store!

    -Megan
    www.armywifestylelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan :) it's dangerous living near a MAC!

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty color! I'm going to need you to do a post of as many of your blushes swatched on your arm as you can fit so I can see which ones I really need :b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha; I could maybe do a post on the best ones for pale skin.

      Delete
  8. This is a lovely colour and looks great on you!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh this reminds me of mark Good Glowing Powder Blush in After Glow x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah it looks gorgeous! I love Springsheen and this one looks similar but still I'd love to get it! Great post! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly got Springsheen! The SA said this would suit me better. I still want it though as I like how it's more bronzey

      Delete
  11. Ooh this looks lovely! I adore Peaches and Melba and if you think this is even better I'll have to investigate! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is much more different! The sheerness makes it more natural but it's easy to build up.

      Delete
  12. Ooh, so pretty! I'm a sucker for shimmery coral blushes too. I couldn't get Pinch O' Peach to work on me for some reason, but this one might be worth a try!

    And I'll keep you posted if I see any Illamasqua speckled polishes at Sephora (I go to Ryerson, so am dangerously close ;). I was there Thursday as well for the VIB sale and noticed they were out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinch O'Peach was hard for me to wear too! Thanks so much Jen :)

      Delete
  13. very pretty, it almost looks slightly bronzey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is slightly! It has the ability to make you look less pale I think.

      Delete
  14. been wanting this for a while! so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you think this would go well with a medium complexion..I wanna try it but not sure if it would show up on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Springsheen would be a better option. It's very similar but a tad darker and more bronzey. Peachykeen is quite sheer so it might not show up.

      Delete
  16. i'm the same way! coral or peachy and i must HAVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks so nice, I love peachy blushes! Great blog, following :) xx

    daisie-petals.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Buildable formula that imparts a subtle shimmer to the cheeks, providing a radiant and luminous finish. How Unblock Invites This product is known for its natural-looking flush and is a popular choice for adding a healthy glow to the complexion.

    ReplyDelete