Saturday, April 6, 2013

Milani Haute Flash Lipgloss in Star Flash


  This is an item I received in my U.S. makeup swap with Jasmine from Green Eyed Monster.  Milani is a brand that is hard to come by in Canada but I have heard you can get Milani at Real Canadian Superstore.  It boggles my mind why Milani would name a makeup product after a symptom of menopause haha but ignoring that this is a great lip product.

  Milani labels this a lipgloss but I think it is more like a liquid lipstick since it's so pigmented.  This lipgloss feels thick on my lips but not uncomfortable and it also feels quite moisturising.  The applicator is a doe foot which I prefer over brush applicators and was very easy to use.  Milani have done well with the packaging as I think it's very sleek and pretty.

  Star Flash is a frosty medium pink with multi-dimensional glitter running throughout it.  I normally would stay clear of frosty lip colours but I actually find this pretty flattering and modern on.  My preferred way of wearing Star Flash is over other lipsticks but I have shown it on it's own above.  I'm really impressed with the Milani products I've tried so far and am looking forward to getting my hands on more.


14 comments:

  1. This product looks great on you hun!

    http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/soap-and-glory-lid-stuff-eyeshadow-quad.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would usually shy away from frosted lip products too but really like this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this looks more pearly on the lips rather than frosty :)

      Delete
  3. the name's a little funky but the blue shimmer is kinda cool :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the name was weird.

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun color! And I love the sparkle. It reminds me of my Veronica Mall Madness lipgloss from MAC's Archie's collection! Very impressive color and this is half the cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me so happy to hear because I wanted that lipgloss so much!

      Delete
  5. Hey beautiful : ) This looks beautiful on you, so good for Summer too. I haven't heard much about this brand to be honest but how could you go wrong with a thick pink gloss? Perfect!

    Thank you for sharing this!
    Lots of loves ❤
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a lovely shade! I think it might be a bit cool-toned for me, but it suits you very well! The pigmentation is definitely impressive- will have to keep an eye out for Milani next time I'm at the Superstore! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could go well over a warmer toned lipstick!

      Delete